I'm new and want to contribute with a new solution

hugo

Hello, everybody.

My name is Hugo and recently I was diagnosed with diabetes.

I'm a profissional developer so I decide to make a new personal software for my new condition but this software was to my useful, simple as possible and run on the browser.

After the developing time, the software born now as the first beta version with the codename "New Balance".

ags1983

Hi, welcome to the club!

I know you said its only in beta at the mo, but id watch with the name as New Balance is also a world wide sneaker/sports wear maker.

hugo

Tell me more.

This first version includes the following main features:
  • The system is available in Portuguese and English
  • Registration of glucose with time of day (this field can be disabled via a check in the user form)
  • Possibility of parameterization of the glucose rates with min, max and color, and by default the system suggests the reference table
  • Choose one of four themes in the user form
  • Analysis screen with 2 analysis (Glucose chart levels for a period set by the user and glycated hemoglobin in a period of three months, allowing the user to have this software control without the need for periodic blood samples)
  • You can ask questions or suggestions to the developer (me :))
  • Link to the official site in Facebook

For the final version, I will correct errors detected by the beta users and will add a new menu option with a useful extra that will help even more the users :)

android.jpg

id watch with the name as New Balance is also a world wide sneaker/sports wear maker

Don't know that. Thank you for notify me but this is the codename and this is a software so I think that will no problem with the sneakers.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll check them out when I get home. Is it going to be commercial - ie - a cost associated with it?

hugo

Is it going to be commercial - ie - a cost associated with it?

No. This web application is and always will be free to everyone.

However the "useful extra" that I told before with have a very symbolic price for who want that because I had to make an investment in purpose for developing that extra (that I suppose it will never recover unless the control of my own health :)).

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good man, hugo!

It's becoming a very common business model - offer a core product free of charge, and add a subscribable element for added features.

It's a great system, those that cannot afford it get the functionality of the free product, but those that want the added extra's of the paid for service can make a contribution to the upkeep of th eproduct.

Keep up th egood work!

hugo

With the growing number of users and the need to briefly extend the spectrum of GliControl, I registered the domain

(Details removed. Forum Policy. Member to contact a Monitor)

hugo

GliControl final version and now GliControl on Google Android mobile devices :D.

Private Message for the links.

hugo

News:

* New version of Wed edition
* New version of Android edition
* Add version of PlayBook (BlackBerry Tablet OS)

GliControl now support both mg/dl and mmol/l units.

Grazer

Just concerned that as it rolls out to various applications that it might be a bit of a money-spinner, which means the motivation might be wrong. I find it pays to be a bit cynical until proven wrong. You might be totally genuine and a nice guy, but I don't kinow you. So caution, that's all.
Malc

hugo

The web edition it's free (although there are anual hosting and domain costs for me).
The mobile edition for high-end mobile devices it's paid for a small price and there is also distribution costs.

Even with the sales from the mobile editions that it's not close to paying all these costs, so they are just a little help to continue this project :)

diabetesdan

HI Hugo

Have joined your web based site and it seems great so far!. Wondering if your going to make version for older ipod touch 1st Gen maybe? I know it's old but just keeps on working? Loving the layout and so quick to input info would love to use when away from home. Many thanks

hugo

Hi diabetesdan,

Helcome to this forum :)

Unfortunately and because technics issues, GliControl Mobile for iOS is only supported starting in version 4, which is to say that only from the iPod touch 3rd and 4rd generation.