Itv The Fat Fix: Diabetes

Heretic1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes!
It seems I am alone in this, as everyone is damning both the tv program and the replacement meals, but I found the program really interesting. I have been struggling with the low carb diet for the past couple of years, minimal weight loss and no change to my blood sugar. I’m fed up with spending hours in the kitchen trying to make lettuce leaves more tasty and appetising. I am fed up with throwing food away, as, when following diet plans, they only seem to use a small part of the ingredients. I am fed up with stuffing handfuls of tablets from the health shop to make sure I get all the required nutrients.

So I thought I would give it a go. I bought 2 x 2 week mixed packs (so we could see what we liked) for me and my hubby, for £60. Try feeding 2 people on food for thirty quid a week.

We are at the end of week 1. Everything we have eaten/drunk so far has been very tasty. If I have one complaint, some of it is a bit sweet, so I will be doing my own selecting next time, and get more of the sugar free items.

Of course there is no substitute for proper food, and I doubt I will still be doing this in a couple of months -but for a quick fix, getting our weight down and then helping to maintain it by moving onto a 5:2 , I think it’s great. Our cupboards and fridge are completely empty, so no temptation there. In a week we have both lost half a stone, ‘meals’ take minutes to prepare, no extra nutrients needed, no washing up. What’s not to like? (Of course, I may change my mind after my next HBA1c test, but I thought it was worth a go)

@Margaretearle2 well done on your approach, I hope you achieve success.

You are not alone in here, but in a minority. This is a site that advocates the LCHF approach and for many frequent posters in here this is the only way to beat diabetes with most other approaches dismissed, derided or scoffed at in the same way as other HCPs that do not advocate it are.... as you can see.

Clearly there are those that have success on LCHF and their success is well deserved... but if others choose to do it other ways then they too should be encouraged and congratulated if it works for them.

As for the programme. If the participants were prepared to do what they did to to try get ahead of this then good luck to em. Clearly they ALL showed improvement fro where they were so they too should be congratulated - something that is perhaps missing from this long thread!

H