Just Diagnosed. What Now?

masonap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celebrity pop stars, football.
As suspected, my blood tests have confirmed Diabetes. I’ve been reading loads of information and it’s all quite bewildering. My clinic appointment isn’t for weeks!

Is this all as scary as it seems? Carb management sounds like a nightmare and I don’t want my feet amputated!

Tips for a newbie? I feel a bit doomed at the moment!

I go with other recommendations on here... cut as many carbs as you can, don't wait for the GP or Diabetes nurse advice. Cit out as much bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, breakfast cereals, and anything made with either sugar or flour (or likely both!). Good things include Cheese, meat, fish, nuts, eggs, veg, fruit (in small quantities).
One thing to remember right now is that any carbs you ingest will very very quickly turn into glucose in your blood.
I wish you well.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed in November. I was told to go and enjoy Christmas and and given a appointment in January. I was horrified, but it was absolutely the best thing for me.

I came home and hit the internet. I found this place fairly quickly and did a lot of reading.

The most valuable information was the horror stories of people who had been given inappropriate advice, particularly on diet.

By the time my appointment came around, I was armed with a huge of information. Sometimes the delay works to your advantage.

Mauser792

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Idiots
I go with other recommendations on here... cut as many carbs as you can, don't wait for the GP or Diabetes nurse advice. Cit out as much bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, breakfast cereals, and anything made with either sugar or flour (or likely both!). Good things include Cheese, meat, fish, nuts, eggs, veg, fruit (in small quantities).
One thing to remember right now is that any carbs you ingest will very very quickly turn into glucose in your blood.
I wish you well.
I was diagnosed 2016 T2 with a blood sugar of 12.5 for the past year I have been tested at 5.6 my advice is get a blood sugar tester, you need to know what you are in real time and how differ foods effect you, so that you can take action.
There is plenty of information about what blood sugars levels should be and how and when to test to get the optimum results.