Blood 16.9

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. I felt f really tired today. And face felt flushed this evening. Just did my bloods and it's 16.9. I have had a chilled lager due to the heat. Blood has never been this high. ******.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @bluejeans98 that is mighty high indeed!! Did you forget to eat any protein with your lager? That would help to offset things a bit....guess you know now what lager does to you:( With a sugar reading that high, it isn't surprising that you feel tired and flushed....goes with the high. Try eating some good protein and take it easy! L

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Lager is like liquid bread. It could be the horrible weather causing your fatigue (other causes are available!). Chalk this one down to experience. Hope you get back to your lower numbers soon.

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Drinking loads of water to dilute things and just about to take a dose of Metformin. Might take two tablets instead of one tonight

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Might take two tablets instead of one tonight
Don't. Metformin doesn't work that way. It won't lower your blood sugar right away and it might give you stomach problems on top of feeling like rubbish as well.
Stick to the dose you've been prescribed and if still high tomorrow contact your GP/nurse/whoever treats you.

Hope you'll feel better soon!

Robrunner

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Out of interest how long did you wait to take your glucose levels after the lager?