Dioralyte

Lemonie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been at the allotment today digging in the sun and ended up with what I think is heat exhaustion/stroke. Have got a banging head and been throwing up all afternoon although just feeling sick now and not actually being sick. Have just taken some Dioralyte to replace the salts lost and then read that you shouldn't use it if you have Diabetes. I'm still getting used to 'having something' and didn't read the label first. If I keep checking my BG and it's not too bad is this ok ?

Geoff

Hello Lemonie, I work often in India; it is very rare that I do not get sick. I have had malaria two times, dengu fever once, dysentery several times along with the usual sickness and diarrhoea.

In my personal medical kit that I take with me are always several boxes of dioralyte, I have and will continue to take them when required, I am a type 1 diabetic and I am still alive to tell this tail.

Keep taking the powders!!!

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe you should speak to your pharmacist or GP to find out if it's okay for you to take dioralyte. It's probably okay unless you have kidney problems as a result of your diabetes but if in doubt it's always better to check. I hope you are feeling better today.