What Do You Do For Fun?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I like to sew.
Bears, dolls, costumes, clothes, purses, teaching children how to--pretty much whatever projects I can get my hands on.

I went from being a child terrified enough of needles I would flee an office if a shot was even mentioned (at least pre-diabetes, didn't have a whole lot of childhood without it), to being a diabetic seamstress...needles are my life, haha..

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Talented lady, any photos of your bears and dolls? I do my Sphynx cats, my hens and my horses for fun although they are more like hard work!!! They keep me poor so not a lot of money to squander on anything else but I love them and all the hard work keeps me (sort of) fit.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admite I'm pretty boring compared to that.

I cant sew or knit or crochet. My brain doesnt work that way.

And I no longer have a pet as we're still grieving the loss of our greyhound who passed in November.

My hobbies are walking and reading oh and listening to rock music. I will walk most places. I read almost anything apart from biographies and I listen to rock and nu-metal with the odd bit of 80's music thrown in (that will give you some idea of how old I am hee hee)

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
I'm into wildlife when I can get out, but I relax otherwise with reading (Kindle) and playing games on the ipad - candy crush, farm heroes, etc. Sad aren't I?

Reactions: karen8967

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
A round of golf with cane toads.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What do I do for fun in my free time?

I "front" in two bands. So hanging out with the guys with rehearsals & gigs is always pretty cool.. :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Lots of sex

You should be so lucky, I remember sex in the dim and very distant past. A policeman shinning a torch through the car window and asking is she over 16, why don't you go up the downs ( the Ridgeway , near where I lived at the time ) .

These days for fun I bait the current Mrs J, post contentious comments on various forms, ride a big powerful motorbike, play the keyboard in Andy Preview style and generally behave in a manner that causes Mrs J and my children maximim embarrassment.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Culinary road kill. It’s a bit seasonal and also a bit hit and miss - pun intended.
I also enjoy mountain walking, deer stalking, riding my motorcycles.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Now do not laugh but to une-stress me I play Minecraft chuckles ...I like walking my dogs , watching TV I can knit and crochet but never do it these days....also like reading a GOOD book if I can find one

Reactions: Gannet

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
I don't tend to get very stressed these days. Way back in my misspent youth when stressed I always found relief in going to the local driving range and belting the **** out of a bucket of golf balls. Cheap too.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think some of our male members need to stand in the corner until they learn the error of their ways, naughty boys :wideyed:

Reactions: Cumberland

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I used to sew and do embroidery and Hardanger but had to give that up when my eyesight started to fail.
I do some gardening, weather permitting and I love reading. If this all sounds boring then why does my neighbour pretend to prune the shrubs so that she can stare in to my house?

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
The only time I ever sewed anything was in secondary school in Needlecraft Class.. It was an Owl cushion. Darn best Owl cushion in the entire year!

I am very much a lone wolf in many ways so going out to social events never appeals to me. I enjoy one to ones and meals out with small groups of friends. I love eating out. Indian and a good Steak House my preferences but also the odd Italian goes down well..

I also have a 400 film collection of Horror. Classic, Cult, Foreign and the odd Slasher but I am more into the Psychological stuff.

Oh and Sigmund Freud once quoted "time spent with cats is never wasted" I concur with that, I love them. Fabulous animals. Love their sinister undertones. I enjoy being around them as I find them incredibly therapeutic.

I 'm probably not the most exciting human being on this earth but I was a mess some years ago due to my lifestyle. I love the simple solitude with myself these days and the odd night in with a few close people, cats sitting close and a good blood curdling film about to begin.

Fun..

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
spend my spare time with my dogs on the net or watching TV at the moment all upside down in the house as moving next week what a mistake that was to make laughs