What's Your Opinion On This...

bsandie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm in process of selling my house and the buyer has had a builder round to quote for things they want done...a bit cheeky as we haven't exchanged contract yet...anyway they are looking to rip out the bathroom (their prerogative) but the builder said that women do not like to use a 'used' batbroom! Do you agree?

I thought this a bit precious. Obviously they can do what they like but it wouldn't be my first priority if there was nothing wrong with it. Its a big room and fairly new with a roll top bath. It might benefit from a free standing shower.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in process of selling my house and the buyer has had a builder round to quote for things they want done...a bit cheeky as we haven't exchanged contract yet...anyway they are looking to rip out the bathroom (their prerogative) but the builder said that women do not like to use a 'used' batbroom! Do you agree?

I thought this a bit precious. Obviously they can do what they like but it wouldn't be my first priority if there was nothing wrong with it. Its a big room and fairly new with a roll top bath. It might benefit from a free standing shower.
I can understand them possibly wanting to change the bathroom at some time but I personally have more of a problem with a used toilet rather than a bath.

bsandie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I can understand them possibly wanting to change the bathroom at some time but I personally have more of a problem with a used toilet rather than a bath.
Absolutely....i have to confess to already thinking about buyi g new toilet seats in the house I'm buying but the bathrooms do need updating (they're a bit 1980s!).
Of course it's their choice to do that. It was more the statement of what women like. Not something I've ever heard anyone mention.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well there's no way I would ask for quotes before I had actually bought the house and I wouldn't change a bathroom until it needed changing.

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
Absolutely....i have to confess to already thinking about buyi g new toilet seats in the house I'm buying but the bathrooms do need updating (they're a bit 1980s!).
Of course it's their choice to do that. It was more the statement of what women like. Not something I've ever heard anyone mention.
A bit 1980s? I love avocado suites.

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
Well, bsandie, when we moved into our present house it hadn't been changed since it was built in the 1960s. The tiles were sky blue and the sink, bath, shower basin and toilet were hot pink. We had everything ripped out down to the plaster and a whole redesign with a wall demolished that gave us a lot more space. I wish I'd taken photos of the old bathroom so I could show what a difference a new suite and tiles could make.