Why Diabetes Can Cause Dirty Neck Syndrome?

D

Deleted member 308541

Do ALL diabetics get this? Out of interest.
Never heard of many of these type of so called syndromes / diseases until I joined this forum.

When I first this thread, my first though was wash your neck more often than once a day. :D

Carolann13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who eat crisps in the cinema, anyone who dislikes animals.
Never heard of many of these type of so called syndromes / diseases until I joined this forum.

When I first this thread, my first though was wash your neck more often than once a day. :D

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thick and darkening skins around knuckles, elbow joints etc are due to high levels of circulating insulin.

I found that mine subsided with low carbs and fasting...

Reactions: ickihun

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a common symptom, but not all Type 2s get it. I think it can also happen with PCOS. It's related to insulin resistance.

Reactions: ickihun
M

Moggely

How interesting i have never heard of this, thankfully i haven't got it and hope i don't. Strangely, talking about skin conditions i have psoriasis started about 2 years ago so now thinking it was a prelude to diabetes.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How interesting i have never heard of this, thankfully i haven't got it and hope i don't. Strangely, talking about skin conditions i have psoriasis started about 2 years ago so now thinking it was a prelude to diabetes.
Isn't psoriasis an immune condition like diabetes?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Never had darkness around my neck til after 1st pregnancy. Never with PCOS, well unless metformin disguised it?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've seen more obese people with it than without it. Both sisters have it and neither have diabetes nor PCOS.

Maybe hereditary, like some obese genes?
I've always thought due to folds in overweight person rather than IR.

Not all obese people are IR, are they? Maybe they are because of their weight gain, just not diabetic... yet.

M

Moggely

Isn't psoriasis an immune condition like diabetes?
Hi @ickihun , sorry i didn't see you post but yes and here is more information. Despite its very visible appearance on your skin, psoriasis is fundamentally anautoimmune condition, not a skin woe. Autoimmune diseases share certain traits. ... The autoimmune disease most strongly associated with psoriasis was rheumatoid arthritis. The rheumatoid arthritis i never knew about but just goggled it. The skin doctor i went to did say it was Autoimmune though. Seems i have a few of them Low thyroid though it is under control and the psoriasis also a little arthritis but doesn't overly trouble me.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Several people in my family have had Psoriasis my cousin had Scleroderma and my daughter has Prurigo Nodularis all autoimmune conditions or linked to autoimmune conditions in some way.