Vaping

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
ive had vapes for a few years now and quit smoking using one for over 2 years before (starting on the highest nicotine then lowering until i was on zero but always used tobacco flavored ones and then xmas 2016 depression hit bad and i started smoking again
any how ive just brought a new vape the smok prince v12 it came with 3 free liquids all yummy fruity/pudding flavors
this vape i have is a big boy and you suck instead of puff so im using 3mg liquids
then found another site that was recommended by a vape forum and they had some real good flavors (no tobacco) so ive stocked right up and they are good
now will these pudding/fruity flavors effect my glucose levels? i dont want to use tobacco ones as it reminds me too much of the real thing at the moment
i know vaping is going from one habit to another but its better than 20-25 cigs a day

D

Deleted Account

Well done on giving up smoking - I know it is tough.

Unfortunately, the answer to your question is the proverbial "we are all different". So the best way to find out if the yummy fruity/pudding vaping flavours affect your BG is to test and try.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Like helenramsay says, you should do a test. I would, however, guess that the flavour of vapes won't translate into actual sugar content- like honey flavour is probably the same as, say, whisky flavour or plain tobacco.

Reactions: kitedoc

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know how true it is but on a PAD forum someone said that nicotine in any form 'shocks' the blood vessels, constricting them. Even if that is hogwash it was enough to make me chuck my vape in the bin there and then.

Reactions: kitedoc and hankjam

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Vapes are probably (guesswork rather than fact based opinion) better than fags in terms of cancer risk and have a place in giving up smoking altogether but what @jo_the_boat says is also an important consideration.
I gave up smoking when first diagnosed because a surgeon who had just operated on my foot told me that smoking was 2-10 times as dangerous for a diabetic as a non diabetic because of the way nicotine causes small blood vessels to constrict and the damage that does over time to your circulation

Last edited:
Reactions: kitedoc

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have been vaping on and off for 3 years. Never had and problems with my BGs when vaping and I use sweet tasting liquids. Good on you for giving up the stinkies :)

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
I vape and sweet tasting liquids have no effect on my blood glucose levels.

The irony is that after being diagnosed with T2D and going LCHF, the sweet liquids started to taste sickly, so I now favour sour and tangy fruit flavours.