Hba1c Latest

manhattan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yeh pretty pleased.. i know it’s now at an acceptable level.. but will i always be listed as a Type 2 diabetic. even if i manage to keep within a reasonable hba1c range?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yeh pretty pleased.. i know it’s now at an acceptable level.. but will i always be listed as a Type 2 diabetic. even if i manage to keep within a reasonable hba1c range?

GPs vary in what they do. There are no official rules for them to follow. Some GPs keep us on the register forever. Others remove us from the register after a certain number of consecutive non-diabetic HbA1c results without meds. It varies. They can do whatever they think appropriate.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Smashing result, keep up the great work.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great HbA1c reduction @manhattan! Well done on getting down into the non-diabetic range! :)
As @Bluetit1802 says it seems to vary from practice to practice how you are classified. From what I've read on here some gps mark you as 'in remission' if you get two consecutive readings at least 12 months apart (I think I read that is the NHS guidelines).

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Reactions: manhattan
D

Deleted member 489048

@manhattan - your profile picture has just reminded me of another favourite food I'm having to refrain from at present; potato scones. I so do love a potato sconeeeeeeeeee! hmmmmmmmph! Off on a bike ride!!!!!!!

manhattan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@manhattan - your profile picture has just reminded me of another favourite food I'm having to refrain from at present; potato scones. I so do love a potato sconeeeeeeeeee! hmmmmmmmph! Off on a bike ride!!!!!!!
thing is.. i never cut out my tattie scones lol

Reactions: Bluetit1802