remote control pump

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This pump is just rubbish. Test your sugar on the 'remote' then takes AGES to connect to the pump, sometimes it doesn't at all. I want to know what to bolus NOW not 5 mins later :evil: Why couldn't Accu Chek stick a bolus calculator on the pump? I don't like the pump but would improve it! I miss my Animas so much it makes me want to cry because this is just so awful.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Gosh, I have a combo and I have to say that today a fellow pump user and I both did a bolus of the same amount -he is on a veo, and my combo pump finished so quickly and his was still trolling through so slowly.....I love the quickness on my pump......have never queried whether there is a 'control' on the menu somewhere that it could be speeded up by, but I can't moan when I saw the speed of my fellow pumps today......his took almost 3 times the length of mine to pump the bolus thru'.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
also I find the remote fantastic, as I never need to take the pump off my arm to do anything but a bath or shower....I never touch it, I do everything by remote and never have to think about taking the pump off my body to do anything...

sugar2

Hi. I think we may have a pump/remote from the same batch..mine also sometimes decides to not talk, or takes ages to connect. My only tip is that this improves with new batteries. I still love it though, but Ut is the only pump I know.

Hazza

I don't think anything will be as good as your old one, you seem to have made up your mind about that on the day that you were given the new one.
We like ours is all I can say.
I have a slow car but I still get to where I'm going.

Harry

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
candi-girl said:
This pump is just rubbish. Test your sugar on the 'remote' then takes AGES to connect to the pump, sometimes it doesn't at all. I want to know what to bolus NOW not 5 mins later :evil: Why couldn't Accu Chek stick a bolus calculator on the pump? I don't like the pump but would improve it! I miss my Animas so much it makes me want to cry because this is just so awful.

It's a bit worrying if sometimes it never connects, have you spoken to the care line about this?.

I can test my BG enter my carbs, it connects and then i bolus. all in under 30 seconds really.

Maybe its a fault with the remote? i haven changed my batteries for almost 2 months since i first got the pump.

I know you really hate this pump and prefer your old one, but maybe if it worked how it should you might like it more and get used to it.

I'd definately give the care line a call, they are always helpful and nice when i've called and will call you back in about 10 mins :)

jonesy

my son had a problem with his remote not always connecting. we rang the care line and they sent us a new remote. it's fairly simple!

the accu chek is a great pump that works perfectly. maybe you need to remove your animas rose tinted glasses and look at the accu chek again.

jonesy