Type 2 Drinks that aren’t water

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too hate plain water, anytime of year! I drink loads of sugar free squashes. My favourite is Tesco Cherries and Berries double concentrate. It contains less than 1g of carb per glassful. I avoid squashes with saccharine in as those strangely seem to raise my blood sugars. The only way to see if you can tolerate sweeteners is to test :)

Asda do the same one, it is definitely my favourite squash!

Reactions: Rachox

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Lots and lots and lots and lots and LOTS of herb teas. And red bush/rooibus tea. Chai teas. Herbal 'cosy' concoctions like cardamom and cinnamon and ginger for the cold season/winter. Massive amounts so it doesn't get boring. Dilmah has come out with some truly glorious concoctions. An amazing one is chocolate and turmeric and ginger and something else I can't remember. That replaces my prediagnosis Horlicks/hot chocolate/milo/chicory and barley root drinks before bed. Delicious substitute.

SaladDaze

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Green tea with mint (50/50), with a couple of sweeteners in my case. Coca-cola Zero with the freshly squeezed juice of one lemon, with one sweetener. The highly concentrated zero +/- carb fruit juices that others have mentioned, e.g Robinsons and Tesco's own. Half and half white coffee from an espresso machine using almost-zero carb almond 'milk' 0.3g carb / 100ml, again with a couple of sweeteners.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another vote for the cold infusions, by Tetley or Twinings. Several flavours now available, and no sweeteners.