HBA1C TEST

DavidSilvaOlè

I posted on Sunday night that I was due to have my HBA1C test on Monday.

I’ve got my HBA1C results back today. In August it was 59, through managing my diet and losing 18lb it is 46 this morning.

If I can have another 3 months of managing my diet like this I should hopefully be into the 30’s and can then look at the best way of maintaining below the 41 threshold in the future.

Any long terms ideas for my nutrition would be welcome.

Thank you.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done on a great drop. If you can maintain the weight loss then you will keep or improve those levels.
Nutrition wise it depends where you are now but here are some (obvious ideas) which you can test by testing bgs on rising and 2 hours after a meal:
1 cutting out all sugars (sweets, biscuists, cakes and sweet drinks) - this is enough for some people to reverse out of their type 2 ....
2 reduce or cut back on starches (pasta, bread, rice,potatoes). Replace with green carbs, more protein and plenty of healthy fats (avoid vegetable oils usually found in processed foods, fast foods and resturant meals).
3 If you hit a plateau with weight and blood sugars, tryng some kind of fastng can help e.g. restricting eating to 6 hours a day or fasting for 1-2 days of the week. Check with your doc if you decide to do this because you may need to change your meds.

Whatever you do try, it should be someting you can stick to for life to avoid weight regain and a return to high blood sugars. To me that means avoiding counting calories and avoiding hunger by eating plenty of fat and protein!

rainbow79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on your amazing results :)

The best advice I can give is keep following what you are doing as it is working.
I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic in July 2015 with a HbA1c of 52, in three months dropped to 39, then 31, 30 and from my latest test it is now 26. I lost 11 stone and have been maintaining that for the last year and a half by simply following what I have been doing diet and exercise wise.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well done on your result. Try to keep doing what you are doing to reach a maintenance level. If you need to ease things a little to live with long term then do so cautiously; testing, testing and testing all the time.