Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Now that’s some serious in door cold!

Negative °15 F here but in house a balmy 45!

Under the cold, If the meter gives you a really healthy reading, it’s just got to be accurate.
And my meter has been showing ridiculously healthy numbers for the last 2 days. If only I knew why...

Reactions: SaskiaKC and Ponchu

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening folks

Alan was very late home from work today, he got caught on the M20 when it was closed after a man jumped off a bridge :( so our planned tea was abandoned and I had a naughty chicken kebab :happy:. Alan went to a chippy in Lenham when he eventually got off the motorway.

Anyway, Mr Tesco has been and lunches are made for tomorrow and I'm sitting watching the NTAs with a glass of red :happy:

Reactions: Bluetit1802

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I am trying to de stress at the moment listening to songs by Secret Garden via Echo. Have had a very stressful situation going on at home and that coupled with preds being taken a bit later in the day blood sugar has gone from 4.6 to 5.7 then 9.9 all in the space of a few hours.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And my meter has been showing ridiculously healthy numbers for the last 2 days. If only I knew why...

It's because you have been very good and Santa Claus is only just catching up with his list.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am trying to de stress at the moment listening to songs by Secret Garden via Echo. Have had a very stressful situation going on at home and that coupled with preds being taken a bit later in the day blood sugar has gone from 4.6 to 5.7 then 9.9 all in the space of a few hours.

I hope all will be well soon.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

We've had snow overnight :happy:
download (1).png

Have a good day.

H :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pretty snowflakes!

Good morning everyone. I haven't been to bed yet. I'm not even sleepy.

Reactions: heh

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Before I qualified for Medicare I went to one doctor who would only refill blood pressure prescriptions for three months at a time. He would not refill after that unless I went to see him, and each time I went to see him he would just check my blood pressure and charge me $50. One time I had to borrow the $50 from a friend of mine, whose church funded it. I hated being charged for an office visit when I could have checked my BP free at the pharmacy. But, to do him justice, I think that was how he made his living, he did serve a lot of low-income people like me, so he had to have an income from somewhere. Another doctor didn't want to refill prescriptions after a certain time without doing blood work, and that cost over $100, plus the price of the office visit just to see him.

I'd never thought I'd look forward to turning 65, but doing so meant I could start seeing a doctor regularly and not having to pay out of pocket for it.
In Australia most prescriptions like BP tablets last about 6 months (1 month with 5 repeats), sometimes a doctor will just write out the next 6 months worth on phone request, however if something happens to you, that that missed check at the 6 months might have revealed and prevented, the doctor is in deep trouble. Whilst it can seem like a money-making scheme ( I am talking about 6 months not 3) there are also good reasons for a doctor to review patients on medications such as testing for side-effects, other health checks reasonable to do because of the patient's age, other health conditions or family history. And it can stop patients trying to avoid their doctor when there are things that need sorting !!
Prevention is better than cure. But I also believe in a healthcare system that does not bankrupt patients and which has principled doctors and other health care professionals.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It snowed quite heavily during last evening, and must have continued overnight to some extent. It has settled on the gardens, roof tops, cars parked on the road and drives, and the view from our windows of the surrounding hills is gorgeous. We haven't been outside yet, but it looks like it has turned to ice.

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's because you have been very good and Santa Claus is only just catching up with his list.
Third day with ridiculously healthy numbers so I'm getting overconfident and I will eat a diabetes nightmare tonight. They are cheese balls with a very carby crust. I fully expect them to be harder to dose for than pizza. Maybe, just maybe, I'll make a salad on the side but actually I think it will be cheese balls with mustard, period.
I've never had them, but my friend told me how good they are and I look so forward to eating them! Who needs vitamins anyway?
(have been eating very healthy and sensible all week, and back to normal tomorrow)

I'll let you know if they were as good as I hoped and if my insulin was up to taming these devilish balls :)
(25.6 gr. carbs per 100 grams, 21.1 of fat)
upload_2019-1-23_12-53-43.jpeg

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Third day with ridiculously healthy numbers so I'm getting overconfident and I will eat a diabetes nightmare tonight. They are cheese balls with a very carby crust. I fully expect them to be harder to dose for than pizza. Maybe, just maybe, I'll make a salad on the side but actually I think it will be cheese balls with mustard, period.
I've never had them, but my friend told me how good they are and I look so forward to eating them! Who needs vitamins anyway?
(have been eating very healthy and sensible all week, and back to normal tomorrow)

I'll let you know if they were as good as I hoped and if my insulin was up to taming these devilish balls :)
(25.6 gr. carbs per 100 grams, 21.1 of fat)
View attachment 30787

Enjoy!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
? Too much cooffee??

LOL no, I only drink decaf and only in the mornings. I was doing some writing and it was going so well I just lost track of the time. Or it could have been the fluoxetine. I'm still getting used to that. But I honestly think it was the writing. I used to stay up all night writing sometimes. Loved it. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In Australia most prescriptions like BP tablets last about 6 months (1 month with 5 repeats), sometimes a doctor will just write out the next 6 months worth on phone request, however if something happens to you, that that missed check at the 6 months might have revealed and prevented, the doctor is in deep trouble. Whilst it can seem like a money-making scheme ( I am talking about 6 months not 3) there are also good reasons for a doctor to review patients on medications such as testing for side-effects, other health checks reasonable to do because of the patient's age, other health conditions or family history. And it can stop patients trying to avoid their doctor when there are things that need sorting !!
Prevention is better than cure. But I also believe in a healthcare system that does not bankrupt patients and which has principled doctors and other health care professionals.

So do I. Until I qualified for Medicare I wished I could afford to immigrate to Canada just for the decent health care I heard spoken so well of by so many satisfied and healthy Canadians.

Well, not just for the decent health care. My mother was born in Canada and I have always heard very good things of it.

Except the cold. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This has nothing to do with diabetes but it made me laugh, and laughter is good medicine (and I was partly laughing at my own ignorance) --

I was in the grocery store just a little while ago, in the Health & Beauty aisle, looking at a huge display of lipsticks. At the top of the display was a notice: The World's Most Iconic Lipstick.

So iconic that the display didn't even say what brand it was. Guess customers were expected to know! :D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
They were crispy and tasty and wonderful and actually tasted like they were deep fried instead of ovened. No idea what chemical tricks they used to achieve that, but it doesn't matter, as I didn't eat them because they are healthy. Too early to say what diabetes thinks of it, only finished them half an hour ago.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
This has nothing to do with diabetes but it made me laugh, and laughter is good medicine (and I was partly laughing at my own ignorance) --

I was in the grocery store just a little while ago, in the Health & Beauty aisle, looking at a huge display of lipsticks. At the top of the display was a notice: The World's Most Iconic Lipstick.

So iconic that the display didn't even say what brand it was. Guess customers were expected to know! :D
Or you win a prize for guessing and buying the brand !!