Having diabetes makes me depressed

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Just common sense, really, from a T1 Granny. I’ve always thought that every problem sends us all into a tailspin, but the only way to overcome problems is to look for solutions. Good luck! This forum’s full of a diverse group of people who share. Welcome.

Hungry19

Diabeties causes irritability, so ur family may respond badly to your moods, but life then carries on.

Take your diabetes like a project - list what lowers your BS, what raises them.
Make a list of low carb foods that you can eat freely.
Have your own shelf in fridge or cupboard.
List of things that lower your insulin, Apple Cider Vinegar.
Have a sign on ur door for when your out of sorts or need time to yourself.
It’s important you learn about how to manage your diabetes, online, by reading books, or detailed questions to your doctor.
See if anyone in your family you can side with until you can manage your symptoms better.
Your doing the right thing by asking people that can empathise with you.
really hope that things get easier for you soon

Steve14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi najamadahir,

Please know that I have felt the exact same pain as you do now. Just know that you aren't alone and there are many of us who got tired of managing a very misunderstood disease, 24/7, without off days. We can only hope for a better future and I encourage you to surround yourself with people who inspire you to be your best.

Word for word, I have felt the pain you are describing and what helped me was the following: finding a new hobby, something you are good at that makes you happy, and LIVE for that passion. Those who mind, don't matter... and those matter, won't mind. I wish you the best.

Last edited:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
From my experience using your t1 as a catalyst for all the anger, anxiety and suffering you feel will never get you anywhere, you always end up hitting your head against a brick wall, I've learned to accept my t1 and live with it, if something goes wrong as it always does, then collect your thoughts, dust yourself down and move on. Learning to accept and live it with requires knowledge and patience, t1 is my condition but it doesn't dictate me or define me. You can either choose to have a fulfilling life or be governed by your t1, it really is down to you to choose.

Ponchu

Some of the testimony coming out re nutritional ketosis & depression is worth looking into!

Imagine if it works for you ?

God bless you.