Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Re: Goodbye, one deleted post to many

anniep said:
I lost a post just this morning, I didn't realise and I click on the return to the board index button all the time.

If you do that your post is still there if you click on the back arrow button. While you are writing a post you can go to look at something then come back to it.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

Hiya, I personally would like it to save any drafts that I could post out later? like if am busy or have to go out of the room briefly. Having said this daisy I lost the last draft n had to do it all over again! Anna.x

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

Are you really sure it wasn't still there if you pressed the back arrow several times? Was it your very long post?

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hi, yep it WAS my very long post! brain hurt when i realised it had vanished... I had put a lot of thought into it... I wont be doing that again. Anna.x

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

Don't worry. I often find that if I write something a second time it comes out better :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hi. it was shorter than the first!!! couldnt remember it all . ha ha . Anna.x

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)

daisy1 said:
Would it be possible just to tell everyone what the "Save" option is for and how to use it. I think it's very useful if you are writing a long post and need to interrupt it in the middle to do something else, or to be sure you don't lose it if you're afraid there will be a power cut!! Or other computer problems which crop up regularly :( I also use it a lot when I write a post and then save it for later to think about it before I press submit.

If I am writing a long or complicated post I write it in Notepad, well actually in Metapad which is an excellent alternative to Notepad, but I write the post out then just copy and paste into the forum reply box and then correct all the spelling mistakes that I make (dyslexic) and Roberts your fathers brother :D

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.

[quote If I am writing a long or complicated post I write it in Notepad, well actually in Metapad which is an excellent alternative to Notepad, but I write the post out then just copy and paste into the forum reply box and then correct all the spelling mistakes that I make (dyslexic) and Roberts your fathers brother :D[/quote]

Me too! Always wise to type it out elsewhere and then cut/copy and paste - makes for less angst :!:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi, will do that next time I write a long post, write it out then copy to forum post reply page. Thanks for the idea, n a great one too , saves the hassle of memory loss too. Anna.x :p