No longer have cravings to eat all the time

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've only been on LCHF for 8 days and I am amazed at the lack of hunger now, before this I was forever in the fridge or cupboard snacking on rubbish like chocs and cake!! I now have no need for breakfast as I'm not hungry in the morning, today I didn't eat until 4pm. Just had bacon, egg, high meat sausages and a small amount of beans. 6.1 before and 6.0 two hours later. I probably won't need anything else today and am feeling so good. I'm half a stone lighter in a week too.
My hubby said it's the first time I've changed my diet and not been grumpy as I can't eat

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost magic eh? Being in control of your hormones rather than letting them rule you is a great benefit. Well done!

Reactions: AngiH

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Great work.

On that basis keto may follow, you should be prepared.

Up your water intake, make sure you add salt or electrolytes to your diet too. That will all stave off any keto flu symptoms.

I was lucky, a headache and a naff taste in my mouth that even mouthwash could not shift for a few days was all the symptoms I had.

If you go like I have the hunger will come back a little when you get close to what your body thinks is a good level of body fat. Whatever that may be.

Keep it up. Keto is great if you can do it. Your friends/family may not understand though. My parents still don't.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and AngiH

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is strangely liberating isn't it? Well done on the pre/post readings, those with little to no change are what we aim for and I have to admit after more than 18 months on LCHF such readings still make me punch the air!

Keep up the great work.

Rob_UK

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Politics and politicians.
Always enjoy success stories. Well done!

Reactions: AngiH