Frozen elbow?

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
I've been having some problems with my elbow for the last couple of months and the only way I can describe it is as "frozen elbow".

If I keep it stretched even for a short while it is then very painful when I tried to bend it, the same happens when I keep it bent and try to straighten it.

I'm pretty certain that it is arthritis and nothing to do with diabetes complications.

Anyone any suggestions as to what I can do to ease the pain?

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
louiseb said:
have you tryed ice-packs or heat packs?
I have arthritus and lupus ice packs help me alot

I've tried heat packs but didn't help, voltagen helps a little but not for long. We've got a bag of frozen peas in the freezer, I'll get it out and give that a go. Thanks.

clarentina

Dislikes
Not having peanut butter
Worth seeing your doctor. I had a sore elbow and it turned out to be an infection of the fluid filled sac around the joint. V painful indeed, mainly seen in people with D. Don't suffer in silence!
Clare

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
When i was working i suffered from arthritic elbow and shoulder only thing that really helped was
Quarterzone injections into the joint ,

Now i am not working the other drugs i take cover this

Ask your GP

Bob

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Ka-mon,

I had a similar condition a good few years ago, gp said it was Tennis Elbow due to the repetitive nature of my work and things would improve over a period of months with rest or lighter duties, sure enough it did and I have not had bother since. Physiotherapy is said to help such condition of the elbow.

Nigel

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, Let your GP take a look, I had diabetic frozen shoulder last year both painful and restrictive, ended up with cortisone injection and it cured it . Can reach up and out in cupboards n lift things again shower comb hair n drive great now. Hope this helps? Anna.x :)

Unbeliever

I had "tennis elbow" some years ago from doing too much ironing in a short time. I have know otherss not diabetic, who have also had the condition . It is, as stated above a repetitive strain injury.
Alll these hings can normally be treated successfully with cortisone but will also correc themselves , in ime with rest. Depends how long you can wait.
Shoulders take much longer.
Isn't i strange how once you are diagnosed everything becomes due to diabetes, Before that it is osteo- athritis or merely age!

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
If it sticks like a rusty hinge more than likely arthritic