Libre or dexcon at airports

Hi following on from my post diy libre monitoring..

I'm looking at the dexcon g6 but my next big question is this..

Has anyone worn a libre or dexcon and passed through a arch or body scanner without any problems.
I spoke with dexcon sales today and they say its not been tested.
Would it loose connection or even break the sensor??
Anyone had any experiences
Cheers

K

Knikki

I'll tag @helensaramay because she travels a fair bit and sure she has recently been through an airport with a Libre attached.

There are a couple of others but their names escape me at the moment.

D

Deleted Account

I’ve not tried the Dexcom but Libre “glides” through security arches unseen.
At least the Libre on my arm didn’t set off any alerts when it’s been through metal detector arches at security in airports around Europe.

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
Never had any problems affecting my Libre when going through airport security scanners

Reactions: masonbason63

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have been through with both Libre and Dexcom on several occasions. Doesn’t set the detector off. On one occasion being ‘padded down’ the guy felt the Dexcom and so I had to go to the little cubicle and show him / explain what it was

boxing

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Pump
Hi following on from my post diy libre monitoring..

I'm looking at the dexcon g6 but my next big question is this..

Has anyone worn a libre or dexcon and passed through a arch or body scanner without any problems.
I spoke with dexcon sales today and they say its not been tested.
Would it loose connection or even break the sensor??
Anyone had any experiences
Cheers
Hi, I am a very frequent flyer and go through airport securities many times per year. I was on the Libre and now dexcom g6. When I get to the scanner I always show the security my sensor and pump and tell them that I can't go through the scanner. They either turn it off for me or let me walk through another door. They then tap me down and I am on my way.

ChrisJ_SLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lack of bacon.
I flew from Newcastle to Cardiff on Monday and the Libre with MiaoMiao attached didn't register on the arch. No problems at all.