calorie checker !!!!!

Hi everone, Im new to insulin im type 2 , I am looking to find a calorie list of most foods/drinks etc i.e.
tea/coffee = 30 cals
cereals with milk = 240 cals
etc etc etc I know its probably a long list but I could organise my own diet for my intake of calories for each meal for each day ,each week . so I can then achieve the weight target I want to achieve !!!!! if anyone could direct me to a chart I would really appreciate it please help ,no phone apps please as I have difficulty using apps re a sight problem but can use laptop on enlarger , many thanks Mozz

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Hi everone, Im new to insulin im type 2 , I am looking to find a calorie list of most foods/drinks etc i.e.
tea/coffee = 30 cals
cereals with milk = 240 cals
etc etc etc I know its probably a long list but I could organise my own diet for my intake of calories for each meal for each day ,each week . so I can then achieve the weight target I want to achieve !!!!! if anyone could direct me to a chart I would really appreciate it please help ,no phone apps please as I have difficulty using apps re a sight problem but can use laptop on enlarger , many thanks Mozz
My advice is forget about calories and try to greatly reduce carbohydrate intake. Most people on this site find it easier to control their weight if they count carbs rather than calories. On a low carb diet, you can fine tune your fat intake to control your weight. It's easier as you no longer feel hungry. There re loads of carb counters on the internet. Try to cut out the bad carbs first, pasta, bread, rice and potatoes. Good luck!

Hi Dexter , thanks for your reply, I know about the carbs , what im looking for is an A-Z list if its available of all usual ingredients like I said in my post , i.e. a= apples = cals ?? a= advocado = cals ?? b= broad beans =cals ?? etc etc etc . that is what im looking for , I need to formulate my own diet sheet to suit my required intake but I need the info of the foods before I buy food if you understand my point . kind regards Mozz

D

Deleted Account

Have you taken a look at Carbs and Cals?
It’s a book and an app.
Not surprisingly from the title, it covers both carb and calorie content of food.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
but I could organise my own diet for my intake of calories for each meal for each day ,each week

You'd be better off sorting out what your meal plan will be then checking out the nutrition details from a supermarket website like Tesco or Sainsbury.

The official UK carb and cals spreadsheet has 2,900 entries.. most of which you'll never need.
But here's a link if you want to have a look

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/composition-of-foods-integrated-dataset-cofid

Edit to add as suggested elsewhere you'd be far better off cutting carbs and getting off the insulin which will help you with weight loss too.