Type 1 Insulin pump recommendations

Liv1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

I have been using an accu-chek insight pump for 4 years but the warranty is about to end and I need to decide whether to stay with accu-chek or whether to select a different pump.

Does anyone have any experience/advice on which pumps are the best?

I have been told that I can choose either:

Omnipod
Any accu-chek model

I would really appreciate as many opinions as possible. Either if people have tried one model or if you have tried one and moved onto a different one so can compare the difference.

Thanks in advance

Olivia

Tom.thomas61

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I have been using an accu-chek insight pump for 4 years but the warranty is about to end and I need to decide whether to stay with accu-chek or whether to select a different pump.

Does anyone have any experience/advice on which pumps are the best?

I have been told that I can choose either:

Omnipod
Any accu-chek model

I would really appreciate as many opinions as possible. Either if people have tried one model or if you have tried one and moved onto a different one so can compare the difference.

Thanks in advance

Olivia
I am not on a pump yet, but had a demonstration omnipod to trial for a few days (no insulin) and it was very small and didn't get in the way of anything. This is the choice I have chosen for when I get mine in a few weeks time.

I think you can go on the omnipod site and request a demo one

MichM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Minimed 640g - these guys are (I think) leading the way with lump technology, so I have been told. I have the this pump along with sensor which detects low blood sugar prior and switches off! Absolutely fantastic. The latest is the 670g x

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm using a minimed 640g and love it, I don't have a cgm though so I don't have that luxury lol. Although I am currently on a 4 week libre before I hopefully get it on prescription :) :)

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
I too have to choose a pump soon. I would love to get an Omnipod but i use LOTS of insulin each day and the the 200u resevoir on an Omipod means i would have to change it every day. I am much luckier than most in that my CCG has a lot of choice on pumps (6 different models). At the moment i have got it down to either an Accu-Chek Combo or the Medtronc 670G.
This is because they both have large reservoirs of 300 units.
Someone wrote on another thread that they LOVE the cartridges on the Accu-Chek models.
Some people have said that the Medtronic customer care helpline is not always good, but others have said that they have always been ok for them.
The Omnipod helpline is apparently REALLY good and when you are stressing over a failure or a problem, having someone nice who really seems to care on the other end of the phone makes a lot of difference.

If you don't use TOO much insulin each day, then i say get the Omnipod.