Freestyle libre 4 days on, oh how happy I am! Blucon or miaomiao?

Serial45

So anyway I was offered a libre due to the excessive amount of times I test my glucose levels >20 times a day some days

I reluctantly tried a libre, due to the things I've read on the forums, and negative advice from Dr Bernsteins book advising against them.

Some people mentioned things like it being out by 30 mins to blood testing, totally inaccurate etc.

So far I'm over the moon. Through extensive testing I figure mine is only out by 5 or so minutes.

I'm following the Dr Berstein diet and for the last few days I've stabilised my sugars between 3.5 and 7.2. I'm absolutely over the moon, and recommend anyone and everyone who has the option to trial one, please do!!

I love the information and find myself scanning constantly, the stats are incredible. I love seeing the blood sugar curve especially over night!!

I'm thinking about getting myself a blucon or miaomiao , would you recommend?

I heard the libre 2 is only around the corner and will have bluetooth functionality?

Another question do you guys use the test strips to test your blood with this meter or stick to another brand? I'm quite bound to my accu check mobile?

Thanks in advance
Adam

Last edited:
Reactions: deborabaratto

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
So anyway I was offered a libre due to the excessive amount of times I test my glucose levels >20 times a day some days

I reluctantly tried a libre, due to the things I've read on the forums, and negative advice from Dr Bernsteins book advising against them.

Some people mentioned things like it being out by 30 mins to blood testing, totally inaccurate etc.

So far I'm over the moon. Through extensive testing I figure mine is only out by 5 or so minutes.

I'm following the Dr Berstein diet and for the last few days I've stabilised my sugars between 3.5 and 7.2. I'm absolutely over the moon, and recommend anyone and everyone who has the option to trial one, please do!!

I love the information and find myself scanning constantly, the stats are incredible. I love seeing the blood sugar curve especially over night!!

I'm thinking about getting myself a blucon or miaomiao , would you recommend?

I heard the libre 2 is only around the corner and will have bluetooth functionality?
Hi!! It's amazing, isn't it?
I love my Libre too!! But I love it even more with my MiaoMiao attached to it - because I can check the readings on my phone, o can calibrate it (which I do 3 times a day usually, so the accuracy is amazing) and because I can set special alarms for hypos and hypers, the battery life lasts for a loooong time (more then 20 days for sure) and its slim and light.
The one bad side I think is that you have to buy a proper sticker to attach to the Libre and your skin but even so, it's really cheap and it lasts a long time (usually I change it when I do the Libre).
Hope it helps!

Serial45

Nice one guys think I'm going to go for the miaomiao as its waterproof and re chargeable. I'd love a code Mel. PM incoming, many thanks.

Reactions: porl69