Statin Pain

Solaire

Type of diabetes
Carer
Hi,

I’m getting on with my diabetes a lot better now using both a LC diet and metformin. I was given statins to take but I held off until I knew I could tolerate metformin.

I’ve taken the statins for about 4 days now and my left arm is in so much pain, I can’t really move it and certain parts are painful to touch. If feels like a really bad pulled muscle but seems spread across my upper arm. I havnt really done anything to pull it and it appeared to come following a BP test at home as I need to monitor that too for a bit.

What sort of pain do you get with statin related muscle pain? I have stopped the statin to see if it helps and will make an appointment to see the doc next week so just after a little advice until then.

My husband has twice tried statins, even just after a heart attack, but he won’t try again ...he already has arthritis and back problem and pains in joint were just increasing...and at 75 years of age he doesn’t need more pain ...his last cholesterol result was 4.5 which is perfectly ok even for a diabetic ...he wouldn’t recommend them to anyone either .....plus 2 friends found exactly the same ... steer clear ....

dpoet

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was put on Simvastatin and had pain in my joints particularly shoulders. My Doctor changed then to Atorvastatin and not had any problems since. I've been on them quite a while now.

Reactions: Prem51