DN appointment looming - should be fun!

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Offered an appointment with the DN at the GP surgery...........thought I would go along and see for myself whether this one is enlightened or not..........luckily, I am not easily intimidated in all things medical given my own background.........

I aim to discuss diet at some length......amongst other things, such as testing my BS and monitoring it with a Libre / MiaoMiao combination, hopefully she will survive my visit.......or not, as the case may be! I will report back - a while to wait yet, 25 July....

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@CondorX - I sometimes comment that I took my GP on the DCUKMod, two-way education programmes or lipids a couple of years ago, as I learned about lipids, in detail, then more recently for hypothyroidism and the interpretation of thyroid blood results.

My GP is a star and we talk candidly; she relating to her limited for,al education on certain subjects, and me on my option to self medicate my thyroid, if necessary. (You think GP understanding of T2 is "patchy". It isn't alone.)

Unfortunately, she had moved out of area, and leaving the Practise at the end of this month. Some lucky devils in Notts/Lincs will gain the star GP I lose.

If I have to start over with DrH (replacing DrK), I can shorten their learning curve, if needs be. I wish I was looking forward to it, but taking your GP forwards is very doable, in my experience.

Good luck with your nurse experience. Unfortunately, my experience is they are wedded to their GP directive, which is understandable, but tricky to move forward. I only ever see, or talk to (tel cons unless exam required) my GP, these days.

Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed