Reporting

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So we are encouraged to report.
What’s the point when you get no feedback?
Or is it just a case of not being part of the “ forum?”

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @ the rower
Well sometimes you will notice items are removed. In some cases Mods post on threads to say items have been removed. And for people to remember the rules.
We don’t discuss action against members because no one would want action against themselves posted on the open forum.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ the rower
Well sometimes you will notice items are removed. In some cases Mods post on threads to say items have been removed. And for people to remember the rules.
We don’t discuss action against members because no one would want action against themselves posted on the open forum.
While you're there - when does a newbie become a well known member? I noticed elsewhere that a well known member joined 2 day ago.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
While you're there - when does a newbie become a well known member? I noticed elsewhere that a well known member joined 2 day ago.
Hi @Mr_Pot
It’s to do with number of posts - so if someone is vocal it can go up quickly.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Mr_Pot
It’s to do with number of posts - so if someone is vocal it can go up quickly.
Thanks. It's a bit confusing when someone you have never heard of and has only contributed to one thread is styled "well known".

Reactions: Robbity

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What’s the point when you get no feedback?
Knowing that it's helping the mods get the rubbish out of the forums is mostly the point :)
Also (as a mod myself on some different forums), if I had to reply to everyone who sent a report I'd spend more time replying to such things rather than actually do the mod job :) - especially since mods on many forums are volunteers and do it on their own time.

Thanks. It's a bit confusing when someone you have never heard of and has only contributed to one thread is styled "well known".
It how most forums run, the titles are based on post-count, I think its just how they do it.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Could you send me a PM with the member's user name please? I'd like to check something out.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you explain please for what reasons a thread would be removed rather than locked? Particularly large threads which whilst they may need an end putting to them still contain a large amount of (already moderated) useful content

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Can you explain please for what reasons a thread would be removed rather than locked? Particularly large threads which whilst they may need an end putting to them still contain a large amount of (already moderated) useful content
Hi @HSSS
If we have received a significant number of reports from various members then a thread may temporarily be removed while a LOT of editing happens.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @therower ,

Have you checked your notifacation flag in the top right corner?
That's where a notification from a member of the Mod team regarding a report should appear!
Click "show all" on the limited dropdown & you get a broader list regarding thread replies, tags & quotes in topics participated in..

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Juicyj

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The majority of posts I have reported, I have had pm's from some of the mod squad that the matter had been dealt with.
You are obviously fortunate in being an accepted member of the forum.;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Somtimes threads or posts are removed by the OP which is their perogative, with the reason only known to them..
As members, the option to delete as well as abide by the forum rules is ours.

@Jaylee . Yes I’ve had contact from the mod team NOW. Sadly a bit to late.

That's where we may differ. I'm a patient guy. The sentiment is where it counts.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee . Being patient wouldn’t have made any difference to my initial grievance. This post has aroused interest nothing else.
I’ve had an apology and an explanation which I accept. I’ve also spent many years here and have learnt a lot on how things work. That’s seems to be my biggest problem.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee . Being patient wouldn’t have made any difference to my initial grievance. This post has aroused interest nothing else.
I’ve had an apology and an explanation which I accept. I’ve also spent many years here and have learnt a lot on how things work. That’s seems to be my biggest problem.

We have diffent lives, but I respect your input on the forum. As you realise, I'm now out of the "Mod loop" but I respect also what these guys need to do. Your grievance also comes across (as a member like you now.) a little cryptic as a thread topic?)
A PM to the current team other than a thread may have been more appropriate (regarding settling the issue in private.)

Kind regards.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee. I respect you greatly. I also understand what you’re saying. A PM would not have highlighted what maybe a common occurrence or feeling for other members.
Sometimes we have to be cryptic or else we get reported and moderated ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee. I respect you greatly. I also understand what you’re saying. A PM would not have highlighted what maybe a common occurrence or feeling for other members.
Sometimes we have to be cryptic or else we get reported and moderated ;)

Now that is fully appreciated regarding "cryptic." Lol, you once told me you didn't understand what I'm on about. :D (Yes you did.) :)

Let's face it. Threads like this can do a personal disservice.. Most of the comments on here have been a little off your personal topic. To which I have no real privelidge'd clue to your own issue. Nor these days do I want to.

It's not realy long since "my day," but we used private message & resoved.. These guys are volunteers helping for everyone's own good. Some of them relatively new. (All human with day jobs. I've met some of them...)
Cut em a little slack.?! ;)

Best wishes.

Last edited:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee . I still don’t know what you’re going on about sometimes :):)..
You’re crypticness is far to cryptic for me.
There has to be two ends to a slack rope. ;)