Best tenner I've spent this year.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That omelette sounds rather my styleeeee. I love all S and SE Asian food

Cut chilli very fine, husband tends to cut too thick for my liking. I use green chilli, prettier and not to be confused with the tomato!

Reactions: DCUKMod

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought this some time back soon after it was released, should have shared it as Guzzler has, it is really good.

Reactions: Guzzler

IBEX82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooooh just seen theworks.co.uk have this for £6 plus 2.99 p&p online. No store near me but click and collect available if you do :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Bought this a little while ago, some really good recipes. Had some friends to dinner last week and cooked the butter chicken with hazelnut and raspberry roulade for dessert. Have previously cooked Kuwaiti lamb with Middle Eastern cauliflower rice. All went down very well!
We had the Buttered Chicken last evening. Scrummy and not too spicy so I had mine on its own while the family had cauli rice with theirs.

Ima gonna try the Orange Cake today or tomorrow for the family. All good up to now.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My copy arrived and I have just finished reading it from beginning to end. What a great book (for everyone whether type 1 or 2 or even non diabetic). THIS is what they should be giving out instead of the eatwell leaflet in my opinion. It is generally low carb but what I like is the fact that it is a little more flexible and explains how to work the recipes/choices into what YOU as an individual are trying to achieve. I liked the introduction (yep, a couple of references to diabetes.co.uk), and the recipes look delicious and not too complicated or fiddly. I think the title of it maybe could have been better, it makes it sound like it is a book for 'type 2s who want to lose weight' (a bit stereotypical) but that is a tiny criticism, the book is excellent, looks nice, good quality cover and pages and most of all, FULL of recipes! THANK you once again, Guzzler.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My copy arrived and I have just finished reading it from beginning to end. What a great book (for everyone whether type 1 or 2 or even non diabetic). THIS is what they should be giving out instead of the eatwell leaflet in my opinion. It is generally low carb but what I like is the fact that it is a little more flexible and explains how to work the recipes/choices into what YOU as an individual are trying to achieve. I liked the introduction (yep, a couple of references to diabetes.co.uk), and the recipes look delicious and not too complicated or fiddly. I think the title of it maybe could have been better, it makes it sound like it is a book for 'type 2s who want to lose weight' (a bit stereotypical) but that is a tiny criticism, the book is excellent, looks nice, good quality cover and pages and most of all, FULL of recipes! THANK you once again, Guzzler.
You are welcome.

And it seems I must now read that foreword.

Reactions: KK123

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had this book a while now.
I made the Raspberry Mascarpone ice cream last night. So easy and refreshingly tasty. The family liked it.
Also the Leek Spinach and Feta showstopper. A bit fiddly but good all the same.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I have had this book a while now.
I made the Raspberry Mascarpone ice cream last night. So easy and refreshingly tasty. The family liked it.
Also the Leek Spinach and Feta showstopper. A bit fiddly but good all the same.

Think I’ll be making that ice cream tomorrow. By some miracle I think I have the ingredients all ready!

mouseee

It arrived today and it's great.
I've just made the 'magic muffin' mug cake as a kind of cheese scone which was literally amazing. I will make again and check BG properly to see how it works for me. I can see it being an amazing work lunch with some salad or as a kind of sandwich.

Reactions: NicoleC1971

ShortStuff

Are there many (any?!) recipes for a strict vegetarian, non egg eating, low carber trying to avoid soy?

Funnily enough it’s not easy to find good cook books that fit that criteria

mouseee

Not so many. Lots of eggs used.
Lots of the not-pasta dishes would be easier to adapt though.

I prefer to eat veggie but I have decided to eat some meat and fish again whilst I get my head round low carb. I am very reliant on pulses usually. I have found it hard to get a 'quick start' with veggie.

mouseee

Strike that.... I've just looked again. I have had the baking bit in my mind which does use lots of eggs but the rest has quite a few that would be easy to convert

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Am super impressed! Finally tested the raspberry ice cream.
Started at 5.3 ended up after 1 hour 6.4 at 2 hours 5.7!!

Yay!!

Reactions: Speedbird

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Works, local and on-line, out of stock, ordered from Bookword £5.50, free P&P.

Reactions: Guzzler

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Works, local and on-line, out of stock, ordered from Bookword £5.50, free P&P.
I fell for that - although it doesn't say so anywhere on the site, all you get is a download link for a pdf version. Fine if that's what you want, but downright misleading for those wanting a printed copy.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I fell for that - although it doesn't say so anywhere on the site, all you get is a download link for a pdf version. Fine if that's what you want, but downright misleading for those wanting a printed copy.
You are correct, I have been conned! The website doesn't say it's a download, they even ask for a delivery address.