Type 2 Lethargy?

New Haven Neil

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogance, awkward people
An almost 2 month newbie here, I am having terrible issues this week with lethargy, feeling really 'flat' and listless.

I have reduced HbA1c from 51 to 41 with diet and exercise only, and reduced my weight from 14 to 13 stones, being very careful with carbs as I have identified them as increasing my BG.

Am I trying too hard, too early with the diet? Anyone got any similar experiences?

I have recently changed BP meds adding 1.25mg Bisoprolol to 16mg Candesartan but this was 3-4 weeks before the lethargy came, BP now good, not to low at 120/76.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
May I ask which dietary approach you are taking?

New Haven Neil

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Low carb but not no carb.... wholemeal pitta/meat/salad sandwich for lunch, which don't affect my BG, occasional tiny amount of wholemeal pasta or wild rice with evening meal, eating meat for protein.

oopsupside

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sand
Me to on lethargy. I am absolutely knackered most of the time.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Low carb but not no carb.... wholemeal pitta/meat/salad sandwich for lunch, which don't affect my BG, occasional tiny amount of wholemeal pasta or wild rice with evening meal, eating meat for protein.
Do you test your blood sugars?

New Haven Neil

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Do you test your blood sugars?

Yes. Did three or four times a day at first, but I now know what is likely to cause issues (bread, potatoes, white pasta) so maybe only once a day now. Usually 5.3 2 hrs after a meal unless I have been naughty.

New Haven Neil

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'll have to google 'carb flu'.

GP wondered about iron deficiency, B12 deficiency or prostate issues - tests ongoing.