Humalog mix 50

koolkate123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just gone on onto this for a week and it has drove me mad! Sugars are high and I don’t know what to do next?!? How long until sugars go low again?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
What has your medical team told you about your dose? Are they due to review your progress ? Has the insulin had any affect at all on your glucose levels? Are you in the UK and what have you been told about diet?

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just gone on onto this for a week and it has drove me mad! Sugars are high and I don’t know what to do next?!? How long until sugars go low again?

Hi @koolkate123 ,

Only a week, Seems early days using insulin... If you have been running high BGs for a prolonged period? A steady drop into normal perameters is preferable to a sudden change. (Which could cause it's own issues.)
Work closely with your diabetic team. Log dosage, diet & BGs to help build up a picture regarding trends?

Insulin is a great drug, unfortunatly it doesn't think for it's self. Forward planing regarding dosage, the timing there of. Diet & activity, needs consideration too..

Regards.

J>