XDrip+ v Glimp

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I decided to try out Xdrip+ after using Glimp for 6 months and thought I'd give others an idea of what pro's or cons I have found.

Firstly my main reason for switching was to be able to use my smartwatch as a standalone reader with miaomiao and the libre, this I haven't actually done yet, but I've played with the rest of the features.

Pro's of XDrip+:
Seem to get a much more stable connection with this on my galaxy S10, had several drop outs a day with Glimp but does not occur with XDrip.
There's a wider range of watchfaces with XDrip than available with GLIMP and that includes a graph on the watch as well.
Accuracy once calibrated seems to be good, but didn't have issues with this on Glimp either.
You can set alarms which have independent limits to you target ranges and alerts are really good.
You can have the glucose levels show on your lock screen on the phone.
It has low prediction, which isn't always accurate but sometimes useful.

Cons:
Interface is ok, although I preferred the line graph of GLIMP compared to the scatter plot.
There is A LOT of settings, and you can almost get lost in some of the menu's, admittedly you don't have to touch most of them.

Overall the customizability of Xdrip seems to give it that edge so far.

Feel free to add other bits that may be helpful to others.

Reactions: Monica_JJ

russ1664

I google this very question as I'm getting my miao miao tomorrow, so thank you.
Hopefully I'll be receiving a pump soon and then I'll be looping away!