1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

XDrip+ v Glimp

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Muneeb, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Muneeb

Muneeb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So I decided to try out Xdrip+ after using Glimp for 6 months and thought I'd give others an idea of what pro's or cons I have found.

Firstly my main reason for switching was to be able to use my smartwatch as a standalone reader with miaomiao and the libre, this I haven't actually done yet, but I've played with the rest of the features.

Pro's of XDrip+:
    Seem to get a much more stable connection with this on my galaxy S10, had several drop outs a day with Glimp but does not occur with XDrip.
    There's a wider range of watchfaces with XDrip than available with GLIMP and that includes a graph on the watch as well.
    Accuracy once calibrated seems to be good, but didn't have issues with this on Glimp either.
    You can set alarms which have independent limits to you target ranges and alerts are really good.
    You can have the glucose levels show on your lock screen on the phone.
    It has low prediction, which isn't always accurate but sometimes useful.

Cons:
    Interface is ok, although I preferred the line graph of GLIMP compared to the scatter plot.
    There is A LOT of settings, and you can almost get lost in some of the menu's, admittedly you don't have to touch most of them.

Overall the customizability of Xdrip seems to give it that edge so far.

Feel free to add other bits that may be helpful to others.

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook