Type 2 Insulin Resistance can Grow Again itself on your body Even if you stay Low levels and Good Habits ?

Jiro

Hello everyone ! I present here the topic that I would like to discuss, to know especially your opinions;

First of all, I am a person who has had diabetes for 6 years, but I have been controlling it for 3 years thanks to sports and medication (I take Vokanamet, oral pill). The point is that diabetes has lowered me to adequate levels of sugar for almost half a year now constantly.

But I have a question; I am currently thin and at my ideal weight, and in fact, my doctor has told me that I can reduce diabetes medication. Nonetheless, I keep thinking about the possibility that ... do you think that even if I stay at my ideal weight, with a healthy medical diet and exercising ... can diabetes get worst on my body again even with good habits ?
Sometimes, it is what I think, that the body reduces insulin resistance while you are losing weight, but then, when you maintain weight, the body gets used to it, and insulin resistance grows again

What do you think? Do you think that it is possible that if a person reduces their levels with weight loss, diets and so on, even if they stay at their ideal weight, do not eat sugar and have lowered their glucose levels, the body can grow back the insulin resistance and glucose for itself ?

Thanks for reading me !

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well - the weight aspect is not really all that relevant, nor is the not eating sugar, some exercise is good, in general, but if a low carb diet has reduced the blood glucose levels so that there is less need for insulin production, then I can't see any mechanism for developing a resistance to insulin - it isn't there any more, so there isn't anything to trigger resistance.