Which service should I use to see a GP now via phone?

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello!

There seem to be many services that claim you can see a GP immediately.

Which is the best?

It should be cheap or free, allow me to instantly get a prescription and be available immediately (not after 24h)

Thanks!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, Usually those services is a private service where you have to pay for a consultation and the prescription as well. Most of all you don't have to wait. I think prices varies between those services but it won't be cheap or free.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What about the Push Doctor and Babylon Health?

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does your NHS GP offer an e-consult? Where you fill out an online form with your information and details of what you want to discuss with them? Usually they take 3 days to get back to you, with either a message, telephone call, or they book you in for an appointment. When I’ve used mine they sent me a message to say the new medication prescription has been sent to the pharmacy, another time they phoned me and could fit me into see the doctor in a couple of hours. I find it quite a useful tool when I need to see a doctor but it might not be worthwhile booking an appointment.

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I need a prescription immediately.

Why pharmacists do not prescribe?

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

If you need it urgently you can try 111 nhs direct. They can get you to see an out of hours doctor or sometimes do repeat prescriptions and send it to an open local pharmacy with just a telephone consultation if they can access your GP records.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Unfortunately only doctors can prescribe, print and sign a prescription. If you need a drug, depending what drug, you can purchase it directly from a pharmacy.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are in the UK, nhs 111 depending on area can give you an appointment to see a doctor or book you in or make you wait a few hours to be seen.
If it’s an emergency, please go to the hospital.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately only doctors can prescribe, print and sign a prescription. If you need a drug, depending what drug, you can purchase it directly from a pharmacy.
Some nurse practitioners, such as diabetic nurses, can as well depending on their grade.