Diabetes and Cramp

bmtest

They are painfull i have bounced off bed and they are high these days like a football screaming in pain on a morning, then you have to manage the intense pain to force the muscle to flex again just to be able to walk without limp . I tend to drink salt water now and again but not sure if this is correct but keeps it at bay.

harrisphil

Hi, had my results back last Friday (attached to thread below). All good and potassium is normal...
The doctor told me I was using less than half of the Lantus that most of her patients use, so she said she’d be surprised if that was it.

Attachments

• 10150322 CHEM HbAIC_11184837.pdf
    105 KB · Views: 274

harrisphil

Oops, that was 6months ago, this is the most recent one is attached. But again Potassium is fine.

Hi, had my results back last Friday (attached to thread below). All good and potassium is normal...
The doctor told me I was using less than half of the Lantus that most of her patients use, so she said she’d be surprised if that was it.

Edited by mod to remove attachment with personally identifying details

Last edited by a moderator:

candy13

I used to get horrendous leg cramps and was on lantus but don't get them now and not on lantus, I need to have a low potassium diet due to other medical complications yet I do get hand cramps now that I think are related to low sugar levels.

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never had any sort of cramp as far as I can remember, but I do know that if my sugar levels are lowish or dropping fast, any sort of pain I happen to be experiencing at the time, eg. toothache or arthritis in my hands, becomes worse. Once I have done a blood test and eaten to correct the situation, the exaggerated pain eases off again. This has happened for years.