levels post op? and basals?

CR741

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello,
I have just have had a cataract operation last week, and I have been getting high readings soon after like 12-14, since changing some basals around these stopped but I do still get odd random ones? i don't think its ratios as the highs are usually not two hours after a meal. Could it be the operation or something, or the antibiotic eye drops? :?

Also, I've been taking a few extra units with my meals and take extra units for it according to my ratios and this works because I get good levels after, but does it mean I might need more basal because of that or has that got not much to do with it?

Thanks for reading, and any advice given.
CR741 :mrgreen:

Wendywu

Dislikes
Track running. Drunks. Bigots and intolerance in any form. Bullying.
I don't know about the operation bit but I do know that the insulin you shoot at mealtimes is intended to cover the carbs you eat at that meal. The basal insulin is intended to deal with your body's other needs for insulin, totally separate from the processing of food. The way I know whether my basal is correct is to do some basal testing and if the basal is right my bg level will hold steady (more or less) without food and without shooting extra insulin.