Such dry ugly skin

Jgale

Hi All

I have only been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes for 6 months. I am on 500mg bd Metformin, my biggest issue right now is my face. My skin is itchy, blotchy, and so dry. I have tried different moisturisers but don’t seem to work. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Julie

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All

I have only been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes for 6 months. I am on 500mg bd Metformin, my biggest issue right now is my face. My skin is itchy, blotchy, and so dry. I have tried different moisturisers but don’t seem to work. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Julie
Hi @Jgale welcome to the forum. Have you considered that it may be the metformin causing your skin problems. I sometimes have similar reactions to my BP pills if they change the manufacturer

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jgale- have you changed your diet at all? I find that some foods can effect my skin.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello do you live in a hard water area? Has your blood sugars been okay? High blood sugars have an impact on skin. Do you use any skincare products?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Try a glass of red wine and a small amount of dark chocolate at night to be taken internally not rubbed on.

Red wine has polphenols which are purportedly good for the skin.

Dark chocolate has flavonols also good for the skin.

Both taste great red wine has less sugar than white wine.