Stephen_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
fake sugar
Accuchek (Roche) have separated the tubing and cannula into two separate boxes. This creates twice as much plastic packaging and twice the volume requiring twice as much space to store the same quantity. This is a substantial increase in environmental waste, probably to reduce costs as the increased environmental cost can be ignored when calculating profits/losses.

D

Deleted member 308541

This is a substantial increase in environmental waste, probably to reduce costs as the increased environmental cost can be ignored when calculating profits/losses.
It's a worry, this is a months worth of trash...

wtS3KLv.jpg

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh dear your not enjoying Roche at the moment.

Roche did this change some time ago, like 6 months or more.

They did it as some unscrupulous users were only ordering combined packs - cannula and piping combined - rather than replacing the cannula's on the second or third day with individual cannula, sadly these users replaced everything causing more of an ecological disaster.

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

They did it as some unscrupulous users were only ordering combined packs - cannula and piping combined - rather than replacing the cannula's on the second or third day with individual cannula, sadly these users replaced everything causing more of an ecological disaster.
While that change is not unreasonable, the packaging for the canulas really doesn't need to be anywhere as large as it is.

Shiba.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
While that change is not unreasonable, the packaging for the canulas really doesn't need to be anywhere as large as it is.

Shiba.

I would agree maybe 30-50% smaller for each package but that was not the driver for the first post.

Stephen_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
fake sugar

Caustic Chas C how rude and judgmental

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Caustic Chas C how rude and judgmental

@Stephen_T you'd posted twice within a few hours laying into Roche (Accucheck), so my comment "Oh dear your not enjoying Roche at the moment." was I thought pretty fair and not rude or judgemental. The rest of my post covered facts only and was not aimed at you but generally the reasons why Roche had made the change - if you'd have asked them like I did they would have told you too.