Type 1 Libre 2 please help.

LucyLou780

Hi i have been using the libre 2 for a couple of mths i have had 3 sensors and they only have lasted approx 6 days. They show low out of range readings a few times then stop working. Abbott have replaced the 3 and the 1st one i used from them lasted the 14days but now the 2nd one has only lasted 6 days. So question 1: will abbott replace this one & 2nd question: I am bed bound so do you think they don't work because I'm lied on it most of the time. I put them on the back of my arm. & 3rd question is can i put them anywhere else on the body. I don't have many fatty areas due to being thin and i have muscle wastage. If anyone can help i would be very grateful. Thanks.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Welcome to the forum.

It does sound as though you are in a difficult situation and that it would be sensible to move the sensor to at least the outside (or inside) of the arm to avoid lying on it.
If I sit up with my hand on my knee my sensor is on the outside of my arm, so I only lean on it in bed when I roll over onto my left side.
I don't think there should be any problem moving it even further round towards the front of your arm, although directly over the bicep might be an issue.

Others in this forum have worn a sensor on the chest or leg with success, but I can't really comment because I have never tried it.

Reactions: LucyLou780

LucyLou780

Thanks for your reply i was thinking about putting it on my chest but i really don't want to waste another one. I only get 2 a month from my GP and they are very strict. I will have to ring abbott tom see if they will replace it. I sent the other ones back to them so they could investigate the issue.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Thanks for your reply i was thinking about putting it on my chest but i really don't want to waste another one. I only get 2 a month from my GP and they are very strict. I will have to ring abbott tom see if they will replace it. I sent the other ones back to them so they could investigate the issue.

I think the thing to focus on is that whatever you are doing now isn't working.

Some people have continual problems with sensors, others seem to have none.
It may be different body chemistry, or just where they are located.

Whatever, a change of location is probably a good idea because your failure rate is very high.

Reactions: LucyLou780

Janemkelleher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum.

It does sound as though you are in a difficult situation and that it would be sensible to move the sensor to at least the outside (or inside) of the arm to avoid lying on it.
If I sit up with my hand on my knee my sensor is on the outside of my arm, so I only lean on it in bed when I roll over onto my left side.
I don't think there should be any problem moving it even further round towards the front of your arm, although directly over the bicep might be an issue.

Others in this forum have worn a sensor on the chest or leg with success, but I can't really comment because I have never tried it.
Hi i have been using the libre 2 for a couple of mths i have had 3 sensors and they only have lasted approx 6 days. They show low out of range readings a few times then stop working. Abbott have replaced the 3 and the 1st one i used from them lasted the 14days but now the 2nd one has only lasted 6 days. So question 1: will abbott replace this one & 2nd question: I am bed bound so do you think they don't work because I'm lied on it most of the time. I put them on the back of my arm. & 3rd question is can i put them anywhere else on the body. I don't have many fatty areas due to being thin and i have muscle wastage. If anyone can help i would be very grateful. Thanks.
Hi i have been using the libre 2 for a couple of mths i have had 3 sensors and they only have lasted approxthe 14days but now the 2nd one has only lasted 6 days. So question 1: will abbott replace this one & 2nd question: I am bed bound so do you think they don't work because I'm lied on it most of the time. I put them on the back of my arm. & 3rd question is can i put them anywhere else on the body. I don't have many fatty areas due to being thin and i have muscle wastage. If anyone can help i would be very grateful. Thanks.

hi I’ve been using the sensors for six months massively changed my life when you put them on you need to hold the container down hard on you skin to make the needle go in and then it sticks firmly mine last two weeks, use the phone app it’s great! Use the side of your arm then you don’t move it as much the back can catch on things- good luck!

LucyLou780

Hiya thx for replying. I always press it down hard and i use the iPhone app. I've now put it on the inside of my arm will see how long this one lasts.