First three months on Metformin

iainf1

I was put on 2x500mg Metformin at the end of September when my HbaC1 was 125. First blood results from yesterday show that is now 109. I know that is still too high, but would increasing the dose help lower it at a greater rate?

mouseee

Metformin wont do much on it's own. However, with low carb and a bit of help from metformin I got from 106 to 46 in three months.
I was shocked that it had such an impact so quickly.

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was put on 2x500mg Metformin at the end of September when my HbaC1 was 125. First blood results from yesterday show that is now 109. I know that is still too high, but would increasing the dose help lower it at a greater rate?
It’s brilliant you have already seen a reduction in your hba1c level! Keep going with it and making those small daily changes that will help lower it more with each test.
Met will be helping, but only so much. Think it’s good for the focus to also be the food going in to your body and how it’ll be influencing your sugar levels, every time you eat. Hba1c is a number showing how many sugar molecules are attached to a cell over roughly a 12 week period, as cells die off then. So per cell you can picture 109 sugar molecules on it.
You’ve started to lower it and it’s a forever thing, so slow and steady might be good way to go. Very fast drops in hba1c aren’t always advised. ☺️

Montrealer

I’m doing 3 at 500 for90 days .....taking one at 11:00 Pm has dropped my morning readings to around 10.5.......but still not there yet.....still have 5 weeks on this program