Cannot orgasm during sex...

Relwof1998

Hi,

First post here. I'm 21 year old Male and I can't seem to orgasm during sex but I am fine when masturbating? Anyone else had this and are there any remedies?

Thanks

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If this isn't a joke.... it can't be anything to do with diabetes. It must be something to do with the degree of attraction to the other person.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you asked your doctor?
Do you have diabetes?

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the waterworks all working fine? I feel the need to urinate small amounts frequently. And [excuse the crudity] it could put you off when erect if you suddenly felt like you needed to urinate. It shouldn't happen, because a man's parts are wired in such a way that you do one or the other, but yet the need to urinate can be offputting, even in the middle of what you describe.

There is such a thing as diabetic bladder or neurogenic bladder - and I think I have it - and I think that could interfere with moments of intimacy. If you google neurogenic bladder and sex you get many results. And yes diabetes can lead to a neurogenic bladder.

Relwof1998

Is the waterworks all working fine? I feel the need to urinate small amounts frequently. And [excuse the crudity] it could put you off when erect if you suddenly felt like you needed to urinate. It shouldn't happen, because a man's parts are wired in such a way that you do one or the other, but yet the need to urinate can be offputting, even in the middle of what you describe.
Yeah all normal

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is such a thing as retrograde ejaculation and dry orgasms (and there is a page on this site about it), and that is a possible symptom of diabetes. But the confusing thing is that you say when masturbating you don't have a problem.

If you find out what is wrong with you, please post here.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

First post here. I'm 21 year old Male and I can't seem to orgasm during sex but I am fine when masturbating? Anyone else had this and are there any remedies?

Thanks
Hi @Relwof1998 ,
Welcome to the forum.
OK? So your 21. How long have you been diabetic?
Are you suggesting that some of your partners are having trouble keeping up during intercourse.?

It all works well for you, (on the physical engineering front.)
however. Your partners idea of "how it should end" is a little sooner & "together..?"
(Trying to be tactfull here.) would this be causing more feeling of inadequacy for your partner than yourself?

Grace44

The orgasm absence may be due to the fact that you don`t match your partner. I had such situation when I was dating with my first boyfriend. I thought I would never feel what an orgasm is, but it changed when I tried sex with other partners.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Could you be going low during sex? Not necessarily hypo but I find if I'm low or near hypo it can be problematic. Some people need to have some carbs before sex to avoid hypos, especially if activities are..err...rigorous, perhaps not so much a problem if you're alone?

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Hi I don’t think there is a one fits all solution to this problem ! As many written reports have stated , during sex many things can affect it alcohol , mental state at the time pressure , stress the list is endless, I suffer from erectile dysfunction as a result of my diabetes but I am in my late 50s and have had poor control for years , you are young so I think as said it’s not the mechanics but probably the hard drive to the computer so to speak. There is also a case of now it’s in your head you think about it more often, a vicious circle. On a more practical note and again trying to be tactful here , have you tried not masturbating for a while and just going with the sex anything is worth a try
Good luck hope it all works out ok for you

alex200274

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have found if my sugars are low or in the process of rapidly dropping it can be disruptive with ones performance. I have the Dexcom and it’s quite funny to have the old iPhone to one side of the room with the app bleeping away before any else!