RH and covid 19

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, everyone,
Hope everyone is coping with this totally weirdness that this virus is causing throughout the world.
I just wanted to post this if anyone has experienced and lived through the illness and have any tips on how to get through.

I haven't, but I think I've had every cold and flu, that has done the rounds this winter.
My experience with the normal bugs this winter is the usual advice for those with RH.
No cold and flu remedies, no extra sugar or glucose, things like lozenges and lem-sip. Even though you might feel awful and your blood glucose levels are a little higher, maybe enough to trigger a reactive hypoglycaemic episode.
As for this virus.
The best advice is following the usual advice about washing hands, self isolation, if you feel the symptoms, which are temperature, severe headache, sore dry throat and cough.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Keep well.

Best wishes

edited by moderator to remove prescriptive advice

Last edited by a moderator:

KarenTh

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very keen to know if RH is one of the listed conditions of high risk? Pre diabetes is on the high risk list.
I am on the frontline working to distribute food in my village. My family are saying I should very careful because I have RH.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am very keen to know if RH is one of the listed conditions of high risk? Pre diabetes is on the high risk list.
I am on the frontline working to distribute food in my village. My family are saying I should very careful because I have RH.

Unless you've have some other conditions, RH should not be in the high risk group.
If you have stopped the hypos from happening and you feel okay. I work full time and as long as I'm in control, it's not an issue.
I've had the condition long enough to know that colds and flu will increase your blood levels a bit, so be careful if you get the virus.
If you're healthy and have no underlying conditions, you should be okay.

Keep safe,

Best wishes

Reactions: KarenTh