Coronavirus and type 1 diabetics

KerryDerek

I work in the building trade. Is it safe for me to be at work with what's going on with coronavirus
Any advice would be grateful
Thanks in advance

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When this happened I was in the middle of my bathroom renovation. My workman is ok to continue. It seems the work needs to be considered essential and social distancing rule needs to be observed. I think it’s down to if you feel safe or not.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I work in the building trade. Is it safe for me to be at work with what's going on with coronavirus
Any advice would be grateful
Thanks in advance
The final decision can only be yours. A few questions.
Are you on a site?
Inside or outside?
Operating a machine alone eg digger?
A builders merchants/ timber yard?
Perhaps if you could give us an insight as to what you actually do then we might be able to give our opinions.
Oh and welcome to the forum.

gjeater

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unfortunately although we fall into a comorbiditie category there is not much help for diabetics that are classed as key workers. That is you for now but I do think it will get to the point where your trade will be asked to stay home too unless really needed for public safety. I am a health care assistant so its impossible for me to keep such a distance and I'm scared to go to work. I'm being pushed pillar to post from g.p to 111 who both say they can not help me to get a doctors certificate to be signed off for a month at least. So I'm facing the fact I'll be without pay for a few months. Scary times for everyone. I would love to be able to go to work to do my part but I feel like I'm being judged for trying to look after myself and make sure I'm around for my daughters. I suffer with chest infections every winter so this scares me.