AbsMens

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Now I force myself to dislike chocolate
Hi,

I’m 10 weeks pregnant and recently diagnosed with type 2. I am getting a lot of anxiety being diabetic and the situation with covid isn’t helping. My reading are normally within range, however a few reading have gone up to between 8 and 10. Being my first pregnancy I’m not sure if I should be worried. I currently struggle to keep food down, and hardly sleeping. Is it normal to be this worried? And is there any advice I can get with controlling my sugars and managing the stress?

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi, just to be clear for the advice - did you get diagnosed before you were pregnant or during?

dje55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I’m 10 weeks pregnant and recently diagnosed with type 2. I am getting a lot of anxiety being diabetic and the situation with covid isn’t helping. My reading are normally within range, however a few reading have gone up to between 8 and 10. Being my first pregnancy I’m not sure if I should be worried. I currently struggle to keep food down, and hardly sleeping. Is it normal to be this worried? And is there any advice I can get with controlling my sugars and managing the stress?

Hi there,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I would suggest that you contact your GP immediately and ask for an urgent referral to your local antenatal clinic, if you haven't already done so. When you are referred, you are normally under the care of the diabetes and obstetric teams. The diabetes team are best placed to offer you advice on blood glucose in early pregnancy.

Most teams will ask you to upload or email glucose results on a weekly or fortnightly basis.

Hope this helps x