Question

MarcR

Hi all,

My Dad is a 72yo, type 1 diabetic. He had a hypo over the weekend and his blood sugars dropped really low to the point of near unconsciousness.
His blood sugars are back to his normal, but he is still suffering slured speech.
My mum think it's a side effect from the hypo but I'm not so sure.

Has anyone heard of this before?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

My Dad is a 72yo, type 1 diabetic. He had a hypo over the weekend and his blood sugars dropped really low to the point of near unconsciousness.
His blood sugars are back to his normal, but he is still suffering slured speech.
My mum think it's a side effect from the hypo but I'm not so sure.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Hi, my Mum had several unconscious and near unconscious hypos but any slurred speech always went once she was recovered. None of us are Doctors but I would say get your Dad to a Dr as soon as possible, it could be a stroke or anything. I personally have not heard of a side effect of slurred speech lasting days. x

MarcR

Hi, my Mum had several unconscious and near unconscious hypos but any slurred speech always went once she was recovered. None of us are Doctors but I would say get your Dad to a Dr as soon as possible, it could be a stroke or anything. I personally have not heard of a side effect of slurred speech lasting days. x
Hi, i really appreciate your response, thank you. I will get him checked out

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, i really appreciate your response, thank you. I will get him checked out
I'd do that sooner rather than later to be honest, if you're in the UK ring 111.