T1D need help with weight gain

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
thats the point , doing so is the hard thing , so mostly im going to smoothies due to limited time and easiness of preparing , im using a protein powder called nitro tech if you heard about it , once after my workout , i was gonna get a carb powder or the so called 'mass gainer' then ive read that its full maltodextrine and elements thats for people with working pancreas to promote more insulin release and therefore gain weight for us as diabetics the math is different thats why i steered clear from carb powders , my bs has never been better as i increased my insulin a bit and mostly now its under control
if you are finding it difficult to get the food in, do a few days food prep on the weekend, its what I used to do cook my fish, chicken and steak with my veggies and box them up into daily meals. it does make things easier and then you can add in the protein powders/shakes or smoothies.

Reactions: FawX

FawX

if you are finding it difficult to get the food in, do a few days food prep on the weekend, its what I used to do cook my fish, chicken and steak with my veggies and box them up into daily meals. it does make things easier and then you can add in the protein powders/shakes or smoothies.

good idea !