Libre accuracy - help!

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone. I recently switched from Dexcom to Libre and have literally had nothing but problems.; it seems to always be inaccurate for me (whereas Dexcom was consistently amazing on the accuracy front).

Anyway, my latest issue is that I inserted a sensor last night and it was perfect for the first few hours and also was fine when I woke up. However, for the last 5 hours it has just been reading "LO" and numbers like 2.7, 2.3, 2.9 even though my finger pricks are between 6 and 8.

Any chance this sensor may "fix itself" -- should I give it a bit longer? Or best to just take it off, call customer services (again...) and start a new one? Annoying I can't calibrate it.

Thanks so much.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Or best to just take it off, call customer services (again...) and start a new one?
I would call customer service before taking it off. They might ask you to do some additional testing.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. I'm worried they will "ban" me soon because I've needed so many replacements lately! They really don't work well for me. I might have to go back to self-funding Dexcom :(

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Just call for a replacement, they will tell you if you are calling too much. But if it just reads lo they will have to replace it whether they want to or not. They might want it returned though, but they will send an envelope for that. If one of the reps ever is not nice or cooperative, keep track of their name and if they ever answer again hang up and try to get someone else. Most of them are very nice, but I have run into a few in the past that haven't been.

You can get a Miao Miao to attach to it and use tomato ap, xdrip etc to calibrate it for more accuracy. Which one kind of depends which phone you have. They are not as nice as a Dexcom, but they are cheaper, especially in the US. I have worn both and the Libre is great to have, but the Dexcom is better.

Vplum

I am having the same problem. Libre has been great, but my last sensor was telling me I was LO when I was 6.5. I called Customer Service and they're sending a replacement out. I put another sensor on, and today alone, it's showing that I have had 6 hypos. I have had 1. There's something not right with this one either. Remember, the libre is 10 mins behind. If you get a weird reading, take an actual blood test and then 10 mins later take another libre reading. It should be the same (or fairly similar) to the fingerprick test. If it's not, call Abbott again.

Vplum

Thanks. I'm worried they will "ban" me soon because I've needed so many replacements lately! They really don't work well for me. I might have to go back to self-funding Dexcom :(
I've had to replace at least 1 per month. Twice because I've accidentally knocked it off, 3 times because it's just come off and the other time because it's giving questionable readings. I have had 2 trial dexcoms and never managed to get a single reading from them.