Type 2 Sharing my meter (GlucoRx-Q)

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I've a couple of friends with diabetes who don't have meters, and also a few other curious friends who just want to check their blood sugar to be on the safe side. My meter (GlucoRx-Q codefree) has a memory of 450 readings, can be downloaded to my PC to show trends, as well as giving on screen display averages for AC, PC and other readings over various time periods from a week to 90 days.

I don't want my trends skewed by other people, so I'm wondering whether I can use the 'QC' (test solution) mode to record an accurate sample, without committing it to memory. My meter definitely doesn't remember or include tests performed in 'QC' (rather than 'AC', 'PC' or standard) mode, doesn't appear to calibrate in any way from the test solution, and gives a mmol/L result which (if I'm doing this right) is compared with the test solution range on the test strip pot.

But am I safe to assume that this will return a valid result for blood?

I could test it (and waste a strip in the process, perhaps coming to the wrong conclusion when I get two different readings anyway.) I was just wondering whether anyone could answer from experience.

Obviously, I would use a fresh lancet before and after the test.

stu60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Nicole yes just use the QC there is no calibration per se it is just to check that it's reading in the correct range when you use the test fluid the range is shown on the test strip tub label and as you say it does not get recorded.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I would simply get a second meter to play with. Meters are cheap, usually, and with a bit of luck the manufacturer will send you one for free if you give them a phonecall. Handing out meters is the surest way to have people buying their strips ;)

Reactions: Bex72