Normal bloods but symptom?

Doireallyneedanams

“Non diabetic here”

First hba1c done during pregnancy in a general check up was 33. Five months post pregnancy following a low carb diet (50g max per day with the occasional “cheat day” hba1c was 30. Type 2 is present in both my siblings (in their 50’s, I’m early 30’s)

FBG ranges from 4.2 to 5.1

By all accounts, these are not diabetic numbers, however on the rare occasions I deviate from my low carb diet and overdo it I do notice I become thirsty and urinate more, but at this stage I’m not sure if it’s psychsomatic.

Last night as an example, after a low carb dinner I decided to eat around 80g of biscuits & ice cream, this made me feel thirstier than normal and I ended up weeing once before bed and once when the baby woke me up at 4:30. I’ve read about increased urination but I’m not sure if this would even count as increased even though it was more than usual for me. The thirst is easily quenched when I drink water, but I do need that water which is unusual for me.

I suppose my question is, at what glucose level would you generally have these symptoms?

Am I going crazy? Should I get a glucose tolerance test?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If your hba1c and finger pricks aren't showing any signs of being diabetic then I wouldn't bother with anymore tests at the moment, its probably because your body has become acustomed to a lower carb lifestyle so chucking more at it has more of an effect xx

Doireallyneedanams

If your hba1c and finger pricks aren't showing any signs of being diabetic then I wouldn't bother with anymore tests at the moment, its probably because your body has become acustomed to a lower carb lifestyle so chucking more at it has more of an effect xx

Perhaps! I do have a testing kit but decided after my last hba1c that I wouldn’t check anymore as I was becoming neurotic about it, so I didn’t check my glucose last night when I felt thirsty. I was a bit too scared to do it if I’m honest!

When I was pregnant I never had a single trace of glucose in my urine so who knows. I’m just so concerned as it’s rife in both my siblings which clearly suggests a genetic link. I did have some slightly elevated numbers during pregnancy but really borderline.