Was T1

Loving life

Hello all, I would like to share my stories with you all. I wish I would have know about this forum when I was diabetic i feel it would have helped me to improve your diabetes. I was diabetic for 37yrs and had kidney failure at my 34yr of biabetes and was on PD (Peritoneal Dialysis) for little over 3yrs when I recieved my first call for my dual transplant on Jan 2019 and recieced my new parts feb 2020. I was called in to UW Medical center in Seattle wa. My since has been a blessing. I'm writing all this, because I would you all know I've been where you all are and may be going. So if anyone would like to ask questions or just talk. If anyone would like to talk i feel all that I have been thru can help someone else and I can explain the light at the end of tunnel.

Thank you for reading.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Loving life , and welcome to the forum!
Good to hear you're doing so much better after your double transplant :)

We have another member who isn't T1 anymore after having his transplant over 7 years ago, you might like to have a chat with him (although he tends to chat a lot once he starts ;)).
His name is @Grant_Vicat (and I hope you don't mind me calling you chatty, Grant!)

Loving life

We have another member who isn't T1 anymore after having his transplant over 7 years ago, you might like to have a chat with him (although he tends to chat a lot once he starts ;)).
His name is @Grant_Vicat (and I hope you don't mind me calling you chatty, Grant!)
I would been a little confused about how I'm feeling now after having diabetes. It would be nice to talk with someone about my situation. Thank you Antje77 your very kind.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding

Ooh I don't mind at all dear - by the way did I tell you all about Gladys she's got ulcers in unmentionable places (18 pages deleted here)

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I would been a little confused about how I'm feeling now after having diabetes. It would be nice to talk with someone about my situation. Thank you Antje77 your very kind.
Good to have similarly experienced company on this wonderful forum! At the risk of being Antje'd, where do we start?! I could literally post you a book. My only reservation about my new life is tremors in the hands, having just been playing the organ in a church service with my hands barely touching the keys. Are tremors part of your experience? I really hope not, especially if you engage in handicrafts such as cabinet or jewellery-making etc. But I cannot complain!

Reactions: OrsonKartt