Hi to all

• Thread starter Sparklebrightisright62
  • Start Date
S

Sparklebrightisright62

Hi to all

I woke up in the middle of the night the night before last breathless and tight chest felt awful phoned Gp no cough or sore throat ect hes put me on steriods 6 each morning but my blood sugar has gone up to 21.5 what do I do to manage
This with out insulin which is best diabetes med to use that would be most effective.

The steriods are for a week and it feels like I can't breath in.

Sparklebright62.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi @Sparklebrightisright62 sorry to hear of your illness.
Not sure there is anything you can do since stress, infection/illness and Steroids are all likely to raise your BG.
So I don't think there is anything apart from Insulin which could counter all that.

You were eating low carb - so I would suggest doubling down on that if you can i.e. zero carb - carnivore if you can.

Hopefully you will be off the steroids and feeling better in a few days time.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all

I woke up in the middle of the night the night before last breathless and tight chest felt awful phoned Gp no cough or sore throat ect hes put me on steriods 6 each morning but my blood sugar has gone up to 21.5 what do I do to manage
This with out insulin which is best diabetes med to use that would be most effective.

The steriods are for a week and it feels like I can't breath in.

Sparklebright62.

Sparklebright, I agree with Ian that all that's going on will likely be pushing your blood sugars up, but they are awafully high.

I would let my Doctor know what numbers I was seeing when testing, and see what he says. He may be happy to let you ride itt out, but it's worthwhile checking. If at any time you feel unsafe, please call 111 for advice. Better safe than sorry.

S

Sparklebrightisright62

Hi to all,

I have sent a message to GPS to see what they say they have not got back to me yet to let me know.
I felt worse yesterday afternoon I could feel my chest making all sorts of noise its horrible but after I had
My inhaler it calmed down a bit.

Sparklebright62.

S

Sparklebrightisright62

Hi to all

I feel better in myself now I have had the steriods but my bs is still high 18.6 need to get it back down again
Hope it won't take me long to achieve this time.

Sparklebright62.