Minimed Veo 742 alert sound

Janerd

Hi
My daughters on her 2nd day on the pump and seems to be coping well. She has just text me from school because after she delivered her bolus she said the pump made a sound, she checked the screen and it had gone back to the normal home screen without any alerts showing. I'm assuming this is just a sound the pump makes at the end of the insulin delivery and that she hasn't heard it before because there's been too much background noise. Would this be correct. As there are no warnings showing it would seem all is ok?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My paradigm does, I just checked as I wasn't sure... shows how quiet it is (its almost lunchtime so I'll take the 0.1 I gave from that bolus)
Get her to check the alarm history just in case ( it's in utilities,) My alarm apparently went off for low reservoir at 4am this morning and I didn't hear it. (I get 12 hours warning so no problem)
Having said that it, for more dangerous alarms if the alarm it isn't cleared then the sound continues and changes to a siren sound, I assume the veo does the same. The first time I heard this I thought it was a police car in the distance (it was a no delivery)

Janerd

Yeah she said it was just like a der-der-der twinkly sound. I know the siren sound because we had that going off in the box before we actually used it.
Am I right in assuming any alerts that need attention will move onto a siren not just stop.
I'm a bit concerned about the alert you got this morning but having re read your post again I think I understand. I will make a point of checking her pump later for alert history.
Thanks for the advice

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
that sound usually means something get her to press escape it usually tells u there if its alarmed and what for, the beep at the end of deliver is usually just one beep. however dylans pump makes that noise if he is on a temp basal to remind him hes still on it

anna marie